Ceramic Crowns in Jenison, MI
Getting a dental crown near you is pretty simple. All you need to do is visit dentistry, and this expert will perform a thorough examination of your teeth and jaws. To be specific, a dental practitioner will check for signs of decay, injury, or overuse.
When you get ceramic tooth crowns in Jenison, MI, they will serve as protective covers for your damaged teeth. They should restore them to their previous size and shape. In some cases, crowns are placed when a person has a short tooth.
Besides the esthetic reasons, a person should consider wearing crowns to restore the previous strength and functionality. This prosthetic is cemented onto a tooth, covering a visible portion.
Why Would You Wear A Dental Crown?
There are several reasons why you should visit Jenison Family Dentistry today and get your dental crowns:
- They are meant to hold a bridge in a designated place.
- Crowns can be a great solution for weak teeth. Whether decayed or damaged, a crown can provide additional protection and restore the original structure.
- With these crowns, you can cover various issues such as misshapen, discolored teeth, teeth treated with a root canal, and dental implants.
- Dental crowns are good for restoring worn down and broken teeth.
- You can use them to cover a tooth that has a large filling. It can also be used when there isn’t much tooth left.
What Are The Most Common Materials For Crowns?
When you visit our dentistry, you can choose between various materials for your crowns. You can go with metal crowns, porcelain, resin, and composite materials. Each varies in durability, duration, price, and esthetic appeal.
Metals have been popular for the longest time because of their durability. However, they are now slowly overtaken by some other materials. When planning a dental crown, you should consult a dentist near you and determine the best material for your specific case.
Jenison Family Dentistry can guide you throughout the process, so give us a call!