Emergency Dentistry in Jenison, MI | Emergency Dental Services
Certain dental issues cannot wait. Extreme pain, damaged or lost tooth might force you to visit emergency dental care on the same day.
When looking for emergency dentistry in Jenison, find a dentist that can address your issue as soon as it happens. There is no reason to suffer additional pain when an emergency dentist can fix the problem within the same day.
Why Do You Need Emergency Dentistry?
Dental emergencies are easy to spot:
- A person has lost a tooth.
- A patient is experiencing enormous amounts of pain.
- There is a severe infection within the mouth.
- A patient might have a loose tooth.
- Your gums are bleeding.
Most people think that emergency dentistry exists only to eliminate the pain. But, there is much more to this treatment. These procedures are performed so you can potentially save a lost tooth, eliminate life-threatening infection, or prevent further deterioration of gums, teeth, or bone.
Are You A Good Candidate For Emergency Dentistry?
Sometimes, you might need a quick procedure only to discover more time.
First off, you should visit urgent dental care near you so that our medical experts can check the state of your teeth. If necessary, an emergency dentist will perform additional exams such as an x-ray.
The professional should also check your medical history. Certain medications can cause problems with the treatment. If you are taking certain drugs, you might not take anesthesia. So, even if a situation seems dire, you might have to wait for a bit to receive assistance.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Here are some of the most common reasons why you might need an emergency procedure:
- Sometimes, having a broken tooth might not require an emergency procedure. If you’re in a lot of pain, you need emergency dental treatment.
- Missing a crown or a filling isn’t that serious. You can wait for a few days to fix this problem. Again, it depends on the severity of the issue.
- Toothache can be a cause for concern, depending on its severity. High fever, swelling, or bumps on the gums, might indicate that you need immediate attention.