Periodontal Treatment in Jenison, MI
Having any serious dental health issue can be intimidating. Our team of skilled dentists has taken part in just about every oral health treatment we have to offer.
One of the most common is periodontal disease treatment. Known better by the public as gum disease, periodontitis is an infection in the bone and soft tissue that helps support your teeth. If you think you have issues with your gums, it’s in your best interest to seek professional help.
When gum disease is left untreated, it can lead to harmful health issues, including heart attack, stroke, and bone loss. Talk with one of our caring staff members at our periodontal care to schedule a consultation on your time.
Preventing Gum Disease
A tried-and-true method for keeping your health a priority is knowing what signs and symptoms of periodontal disease to look out for common ailments. Luckily, a devastating disease like periodontitis is preventable. Here’s what you can do to reduce or prevent gum disease:
- Floss at least once a day.
- Use an electric toothbrush to remove more plaque and tartar.
- Consider investing in a dental pick to help clean in between teeth.
- Get regular dental cleanings – at least twice a year, depending on your dental needs.
- Use a mouthwash that reduces plaque.
- Brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush after every meal or a minimum twice daily.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months.
Treatment For Periodontitis
There are surgical, non-surgical, and lifestyle changes you can make to treat periodontitis. At Jenison Family Dentistry, our team of dentists will meet with you to go over the treatment options that best meet your needs.
Surgical Treatments For Periodontitis
Our periodontist near you may require a more in-depth treatment for patients with severe periodontitis. Surgery treatment options include:
- Flap surgery
- Bone grafting
- Soft tissue grafts
- Tissue-stimulating proteins
- Guided tissue regeneration
Book an Appointment
Please book an appointment or consultation with our team if you have any questions or concerns. Our team of dental professionals at Jenison Family Dentistry is here to help you every step of the way!